How Should We Charge Vape Device Safely?
Vaping has now become a very popular alternative to smoking. Besides, it is a great smoking cessation tool. You now need to learn the basics of getting the best vaping experience, and knowing how to charge your vape device is one key aspect you shouldn’t joke with. That’s why we bring it to you in this article. Just grab a drink and pay good attention.
Vape devices are powered by batteries, which heat the e-juice to produce vapor. This means that you need to charge your batteries adequately for them to serve you well and help you get an enjoyable experience.
There are different designs and brands of vape devices: Some come with internal batteries while others work with an external battery system. Some have an included charger unity and USB cable, some others come with an external battery charger.
In this article, we would be showing you how to choose vape batteries, the importance of safe charging and how you should charge vape devices
How to choose vape batteries
Your choice of batteries matters in your vaping experience. It’s not only about coils, wicks, and tanks. Your battery setup is also important.
If you’re using starter kits, pocket vapes, or disposables, you may not have much problem with choosing the right battery because these devices come with built-in batteries. But with external batteries like the 18650 and 26650, you might easily get confused with the many options available in the market. That’s why we’re here to guide you.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when choosing vape batteries:
Temperature and voltage
The temperature your battery reaches while on charge or in use will determine how long it lasts. The cheaper options tend to operate at higher temperatures, and this always results in bursting or premature aging, both of which are costly.
Also, voltage is another factor. A high voltage usually will make for bigger clouds as more current passes through the coil. This is recommended for Sub Ohm vaping.
The battery load is the level of output available from a battery at a point in time. Batteries with a high load capacity allow a device to heat up faster, and this enables the user to take longer draws and enjoy the vapor faster.
The battery’s capacity is measured in milliamp Hour (mAh) and it determines how long it can run a device before it must be recharged.
Although many users prefer to choose small vapes due to their portability, it is still important that to choose a long-lasting battery that will serve you seamlessly wherever you go.
Device compatibility and Battery Quality
You also need to check the quality and the compatibility of your battery with your vape device. This is important for the best vaping experience.
Poor quality batteries can cause issues that can put your safety at risk. With high-quality batteries, you’re sure to enjoy every single draw you take.
The factors discussed above will help you choose the best battery for your vape device to get the best vaping experience.
AT Dovpo, we are a leading brand and we offer innovative vape devices and accessories. You can check our range of products in our store.
The importance of safe charging
The charging process of a vape device is important for safety and longevity. You need to ensure you’re using the right charger.
When you use chargers that come with the device or battery, it will always supply the appropriate power level for safe charging.
However, you can purchase some smart chargers that include over-discharge and over-voltage protection features.
It is best to keep your charging level between 3.3 and 4.5 volts. Going beyond or below these levels might cause damage to your device batteries, and it can render them useless after a few charge cycles.
How should we charge vape device?
The first thing you need to consider is if your device has an integrated or removable battery. You can check the user’s manual to read the details. The integrated batteries are usually cylindrical in shape and attached to the cartridge. The removable batteries on the other hand are housed inside the casing of the vape device.
However, most vape devices use the 510-Thread batteries because they have a design that is compatible with different cartridges.
How to charge your vape device having integrated batteries:
- Plug the AC adapter into an electrical outlet. Insert the small end of the adapter into the port of your vape device and the larger end into the adaptor. Remember to always use the charger that came with the package.
- Allow the battery to finish charging completely. The charging times differ with different batteries and it can range from 1-4 hours. Most times, you’ll know your battery is fully charged when the indicator light turns green and starts blinking repeatedly. In some models, the charging light will go off completely when the battery is fully charged.
- Once the battery is fully charged, unplug it from the charger unit and screw it again back to the cartridge to resume vaping.
- Watch out for the red light as it signifies that it’s time to recharge your battery. However, do not overcharge to avoid a strain on your battery, which reduces their capacity.
How to charge your vape device having removable batteries:
- Open the removable battery cover on the side of your vape device and press the tab or thumb latch to pull it open. The most common types of removable batteries are the 18650s, which looks like the standard AA batteries, but quite larger.
- Plug the external charger’s cord to an electrical outlet and arrange the batteries inside the charging slots in the right pole positions. Ensure you’re using a charger that’s compatible with your battery type.
- Allow your batteries to charge for a minimum of 3 hours. However, the charging time can vary depending on the brand, capacity, and age of your batteries.
- Once the batteries are fully charged, remove them from the charging slots. Some chargers come with LCD screens that display information about the charging in progress, including the current percentage, charge duration, and battery spec.
- Reload the batteries into your vape device and ensure they are oriented correctly.
- Check your batteries from time to time to know if they need a charge.
Your vape device can either come with an inbuilt or removable battery and charging them is important for you to maintain a good vaping experience. When the performance of your batteries begins to drop (the replaceable option), you should try and replace them. We’ve shown you the factors to consider when choosing vape batteries. Use the right charger and don’t overcharge. You can keep more extra batteries with you to use when charging the others.
Lastly, do not throw your spent batteries in the trash- it can leak corrosive acid, which is harmful to the environment. Instead, take them to a battery recycling center to get them disposed properly to reduce the amount of harmful chemicals in the environment.
Before you go, check out these collections of quality mods, atomizers and vape accessories from Dovpo.